Start of New Year and all the new resolutions to be made. I felt pretty confident this year I would at least try becoming a saint. Saying no to things was easy but always knew when the prospect would come down to facing the inevitable I wouldn't be able to simply nod my head.
After being dry for 12 days, spending evenings on glass of milk with bournvita, I was very much on my way to achieve the impossible - but fortune like always had other plans. Generally on weekends I keep all kind of communication mediums on silent mode. Sunday, already night approaching I gave a call to one of my college buddies. Letting the phone ring for couple of minutes I jovially was bout to put the phone down when I heard a familiar tone on the other end - "Dude! New place opened in town, wanna check it out"
I replied speaking as earnestly as possible, no....hmmm..."all right we would just drive to that place, if the environs good maybe peek inside and just check it out."
How wrong I was about to prove myself…
After parking the bike a safe distance from the place, on Church Street we headed to the new place "Hard Rock, Cafe". Always a diehard fan for rock music and coffee I thought my friend for a brief moment has changed. Even the groups of foreigners standing outside or the couple of bouncers made me re-think what this place might be. I opened the door and was greeted to a whole new world, a Mecca of classical hard rock. Pics, guitars and outfits worn by the singing greats adorned the walls.
The place too crowded even for words to spill over. The booking stopped at 25 and people still waiting in throngs to enter. We made our way through the crowds to the bar counter.
Just behind where we were sitting, there was a group comprising of a baldy with 7 girls in tow; while he was flirting with one who looked the eldest the others in the group had a hard time sitting straight. Finally one did take offence and in a pissed sense went to the loo to chill off. Not into following her I too had an urge to go, by the time I had 3 beers.
Standing peacefully and taking a leak my eyes were drawn to the loo on the opposite end, what I saw confused me to the point, "was I drunk!"...the female I just saw outside standing in front of the mirror combing her hair without a piece of clothing above her waist. I needed fresh air to get those thoughts out, thinking it might be a hallucination I stepped outside to the patio; followed by one of the guys, "Did you see that, unbelievable those were huge!"
I had touched liquor after nearly a week, choices in my head both to forget what I have seen and head back inside or get to know the topless girl a little better. Any warm blooded 'dick' would have made this choice; I made my way back to the loo a little uncertain. I was awe stuck on her boldness to stand in her magnificent sense at the door. She wrote her number on a tissue, wet the back of it with her tongue, turned around and stuck it on the mirror. Looking back at me she said, "If u have the guts"
I was dumbstruck, bewildered more likely shaky hands and a face going redder by the minute, I was clearly caught off guard. I closed my eyes thought for the moment, a hundred scenarios racing through my head and if pushed through lust I stepped inside. Female perfume hanging all around me, any whiff at that time could have brought me back to reality, where I was. Still in that dreamy vigor I stretched my arm got the tissue and stepped back. I really wanted to look around but thought against it, cause it would be no fact that the moment we went to the bar everybody would be talking bout me.
Putting the note in my back pocket I headed to the bar and ordered a whiskey. Gulping it down in one go before he could add ice, clearly the bartender understood something was amiss; then he saw the lady walk by and give me a wink. My head hurting with what I had just done I ordered another one and then another. After 4 such shots I was relatively back in my spirits. I did not approach her the entire evening or the day. Guess one time in my life I had been caught with my pants down...
But the evening was not through. Thoroughly drunk and still skeptic about why I didn't talk to the female earlier I was bout to lose face when 2 females walked across to the bar and in a pretty feminine low voice asked for the bartender. With the loud music and the crowd cheering it was pretty obvious she was not heard.
Standing close I said, “excuse me mam, but you got to be a little louder"
She tried a hopeless effort once again.
Finally I asked for the bartender pointing the fellow to her, a quick thank you were passed around. Knowing she would be off too and not missing the beat I asked her to sit and what followed was a loose talk.
The close of the place fast approaching, she asked me whether I knew how to drive. After getting drunk to this point I could have easily have said no but her beauty and soft touch prompted me to take my chances. Driving a merc to KML was not an easy task, a small portion of my brain still trying to comprehend what to tell to a cop if he does stop me?
Rest a mere formality of dropping her to her place followed by a steamy session. Morning was no victory to be won. She looked gorgeous lying next to me. I was wondering how to tell her, when she spoke on her own to take the last night as just a fling. She said it is to be understood that no relationship is to be made and whatever happened was just a primal instinct that went haywire.
We had a quick fire morning session after which one of her friends dropped me home....
Thinking bout it did make me write this stuff...
When something like this happens even if it is a one night stand it does leave impressions on your body that is just too hard to forget ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Agree with what you have written there, wouldn't have said anything more. Being the guy behind you in the loo. But I had the final laugh, while u took the number I took the girl and not only that I introduced myself to you too, guess you were too drunk to recognise me.
Post a Comment